Negativity can’t create anything. It can't even create further negativity because that energy just maintains itself. Gregge Tiffen (PS 52, Series 8, The New Experiment, Week 47)
Negativity is a misapplication of the laws of the universe and the rules of the planet. Patrece on behalf of P-Systems, Inc. (PS 52, Series 8, The New Experiment, Week 47)
I don’t know about you, but some days it feels like our world has become a cauldron of negativity. Is it any wonder that we don’t seem able to move forward, given that negativity doesn’t create anything? How can we possibly address what is on our own plates in terms of life, not to mention the plethora of critical issues needing the best of each of us collectively when fear and hatred are being hurled at us from so-called leaders, the media, and even one another?
While turning off the news or taking a break from social media may give us relief from time to time, do these tactics sustain us in maintaining a positive approach to life? While I’ve long preferred and, hopefully, been successful at maintaining positivity in my life, I can’t claim to have banished negativity completely. Hey, I’m still human after all.
And yet, I honestly think that I’m doing pretty darn well with my personal positivity score.
But a weekend experience of allowing my ‘inner snarky’ to surface at about the same time as this week’s installment of PS 52 arrived, coupled with wondering why a project I’m involved in can’t seem to move forward, prompted me to take a look at negativity – that within as well as that beyond my reach. I was quickly reminded that my ‘inner snarky’ surfaces when things don’t turn out like I want them to (duh!): a show is late starting and I leap to ‘they are wasting my valuable time’, leaving in the dust relaxing and enjoying the moments of peace or extra time with a friend. I quickly return from negativity-land, but I wonder: why do I go there in the first place? Answer: habit (‘nuf said). Solution: awareness + choosing differently.
As I reflected a bit more, I allowed myself to see and acknowledge the shifts and pruning of habits and beliefs that I’ve done over the years that contribute to my capacity to maintain positivity in our sometimes negative and chaotic world:
- Practicing gratitude for ALL
- Immersing myself in nature, self-care, and care for Cool Hand Luke
- Nurturing curiosity, especially when I don’t know how to move forward, shifting from declaring ‘I don’t know how’ to asking ‘How can I? What if …?’
- Taking responsibility vs. blaming others
- Developing my capacity to say ‘no’ to opportunities, events, and others that don’t represent the quality I want at that moment
- Nurturing and developing my core belief in the abundance and intelligence of the universe
- Nurturing patience for myself and for others
- Learning to enjoy my own company
- Continuing to learn about and experiment with how energy works
- Remembering that life is an experiment and events are here not for me to be right, but rather as gifts for my learning, AND that I have a band of personal guides that are with me all along the way
- Make and take time for fun!
For the sake of the universe, the angels, the planet, nature, humanity and ourselves we need to banish negativity. Ground zero is right where we live. It’s you. It’s me. It’s up to each and every one of us to forge a path to banish negativity in all of its insidious forms from our lives. The quality of our future – this life and beyond – depends on it.